Cassandra Database Details

Please share IPs, PORT# of Cassandra database hosts. I want to create & load data through Spark using Sacala context.

0 Likes

IP from Itversity Labs - wn05.itversity.com
Port - 9042

0 Likes

Can you please confirm Spark & Scala version? I see Spark version 1.6.3. Don’t we have 2.0.0 or upper version? Do you’ve sample build.sbt and assembly.sbt files for Spark Cassandra connector?

I would need Spark 2.0.0 or upper to to do implicit conversion of RDD to DF to load data into Cassandra.

0 Likes

We don’t have any sample build.sbt and assembly.sbt files for Spark Cassandra connector for now.

0 Likes

Hi,

I am not able to access Cassandra or MongoDB using client tool like DataStax or RoboMongo from my desktop. Please let me know what I need to do?

Can I load data into itversity lab Mongo/Cassandra using my local spark ?

Please open firewall for Cassandra & MongoDB ports. This should solve the issue. No secure information is there in those practice databases.

Otherwise grant access to these server for SSH or provide private key.

0 Likes

Can you please help?

0 Likes

Because of security issues, we might not be able to open the ports outside. Please use the procedure “Creating Tunneling to the gateway” and see if you are able to access them.

0 Likes

Its giving me permission denied for both Mongo & Cassandra hosts. Please look into this.

0 Likes

Can you share the steps on how are you trying to connect?

0 Likes

Please refer attached steps.

0 Likes

Is the access is not setup properly? Can you please update as soon as you can?

0 Likes

Do you have any updates? MySQL port is open but what is security issue if Cassandra & Mongo ports are open? SSH connection is okay with me but for that I need an access to the box. Please help.

0 Likes

Dear Durga,

Can you please help?

0 Likes

@vinodnerella, can you ask some one to look into issue and close it in timely manner?

0 Likes

You are not supposed to connect to wn05.itversity.com

0 Likes

Hi @Soumen_Bag,

Your gateway is gw02 not gw01. You can get the gateway details from your Dashboard once you login to labs.itversity.com.

Can you try connecting to that and let us know?

0 Likes

Is Cassandra & MongoDB available on gw02.itverversity.com? If yes, what ports both DBs are listening?

0 Likes

Nothing is available on gw02. Please resolve the issue with proper access setup or firewall port opening. There should not be anything so sensitive in development/lab environment so that ports can’t be open.

0 Likes

Hi @Soumen_Bag,

Please find the screenshots which will help you to find MongoDB and Cassandra from gw02.

Cassandra - host: wn05.itversity.com port:9042
Mongo DB - host: gw01.itversity.com with default port

0 Likes