CCA 175 - change of Syllabus

Hi,

Now, The cca 175 Required Skills /Syllabus are changed in official page. Please check.

Even though the syllabus is updated, the dates are not announced yet. Please go through the FAQs from Cloudera for latest updates.

Transform, Stage, and Store

Convert a set of data values in a given format stored in HDFS into new data values or a new data format and write them into HDFS.

• Load data from HDFS for use in Spark applications
  • Write the results back into HDFS using Spark
  • Read and write files in a variety of file formats
  • Perform standard extract, transform, load (ETL) processes on data using the Spark API

Data Analysis

Use Spark SQL to interact with the metastore programmatically in your applications. Generate reports by using queries against loaded data.

• Use metastore tables as an input source or an output sink for Spark applications
  • Understand the fundamentals of querying datasets in Spark
  • Filter data using Spark
  • Write queries that calculate aggregate statistics
  • Join disparate datasets using Spark
  • Produce ranked or sorted data

Configuration

This is a practical exam and the candidate should be familiar with all aspects of generating a result, not just writing code.

• Supply command-line options to change your application configuration, such as increasing available memory

Does this mean all questions are spark based?

Yes, it seems the exam is Spark oriented.

I purchases CCA-175 course in itversity. That has Hive, Sqoop included will that course be updated ?

2 Likes

That’s interesting question. I bought this course too but as soon I started preparing for exam, Cloudera has cancelled all the exams.

Can we expect some positive response on the query raised, please ?

hi
What’s the study material for the new syllabus?
I had also bought the CCA175 course… Do you sell at reduced prices because it is not anymore uptodate for the exam?
Could you please list which training material of your videos we must really make use of?

The exam specifies now Spark 2.4 and CDH 6., The itversity labs have old versions for eg. spark 1.6. How do we prepare now?

On labs console run the following :

export SPARK_MAJOR_VERSION=2

Now run spark-shell,you will see sparkSession as “spark”,use that to write or reads Dataset/Dataframe.

Labs has Spark 2.3 version. I’m using it daily. Please type pyspark2 at linux prompt and it’ll take you to Spark 2.3

Hi Dinesh - Have you scheduled your exam already?

No Vijay. Planning in coming month

That’s Nice. So I heard there is change in syllabus. So are you preparing pspark only Or you also looking spark streaming . Is sqoop still part of exam?

Thanks,
Digvijay

From my knowledge, Sqoop is no more part of CCA 175.
Sqoop was included in CCA 159 - Data Analytics.
CCA 175 is only

Required Skills

Transform, Stage, and Store

Convert a set of data values in a given format stored in HDFS into new data values or a new data format and write them into HDFS.

• Load data from HDFS for use in Spark applications
  • Write the results back into HDFS using Spark
  • Read and write files in a variety of file formats
  • Perform standard extract, transform, load (ETL) processes on data using the Spark API

Data Analysis

Use Spark SQL to interact with the metastore programmatically in your applications. Generate reports by using queries against loaded data.

• Use metastore tables as an input source or an output sink for Spark applications
  • Understand the fundamentals of querying datasets in Spark
  • Filter data using Spark
  • Write queries that calculate aggregate statistics
  • Join disparate datasets using Spark
  • Produce ranked or sorted data

Did anyone take the test after relaunch? How have the questions, pattern and syllabus changed from previous version?

Yes please let us know if anyone has taken the exam. Any info is valuable!