Cleared my CCA175 exam today,Got a score of 8/9
The exam is very very easy. This was my preparation plan,You might not need everything but 3 and 4 are must
Hadoop definitive guide 4th Edition by tom white - Will give you solid Information on Hadoop, Sqoop, hive (Do this if you want to increase you knowledge in general not just for certification,on a high level for certification purpose durga covers these topics in his playlist )
Learning Spark by Holden karau - Again as state above this is not required but just for In depth on spark chapters 3, 4, 5, 6, 9
Itversity free youtube playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOwsKLTwek&list=PLf0swTFhTI8q0x0V1E6We5zBQ9UazHFY0
Here are the Udemy coupons for our certification courses
- Click here for $35 coupon for CCA 175 Spark and Hadoop Developer using Python.
- Click here for $35 coupon for CCA 175 Spark and Hadoop Developer using Scala.
- Click here for $25 coupon for HDPCD:Spark using Python.
- Click here for $25 coupon for HDPCD:Spark using Scala.
- Aruns questions on his blog http://arun-teaches-u-tech.blogspot.com/. Do this only after you have finished your preperation.This will help you gauge yourself on where you are.the difficulty level for me personally on this blog i felt to be 7/10 and in the exam you would get a difficulty level of 4/10
Tips for taking the Exam
- Practice, Practice, Practice
- Dont just read through solutions go ahead and Execute multiple times on the VM
- File formats and compressions read and write are most important, because it doesnt matter how good you are at transformations, if you are not able to present your output the way it was asked you are not going to get credit for that question
- The test VM is very low resolution, so make good use of your time
Questions are mostly on Sqoop and Spark
Import and Export are straight forward but look out for columns being requested, delimiters and file formats
Out of the Spark questions - I was expecting to get all right but missed on one, and i still don’t know what went wrong, Most of them involve basic RDD oeprations and then reduceByKey, Join, groupByKey very basic and most importantly fileformats and compression as usual
I have known hadoop for 4 years.But kept pushing back on certification due to several reason, I am glad i was finally able to pull this off. But to crack this certification if you are newbie with some programming back ground 2 months should be good enough to prepare
I owe a lot of gratitude to discuss.itversity community, itversity team, durga and arun. What you guys are doing is phenomenal. Thank you, your help is very much appreciated
Feel free to ask any question you might have