Gave my exam today. got my scores in an hour.
9 questions (2 sqoop, 1 hive, 6 spark)…
I wasted a lot of time for my 3rd question, so didn’t attempt one question. Completed 8, all are correct.
Based on my exam and what I read from people who gave exam, these are the common patterns.
- Sqoop questions are basic ones. one import and one export. Similar to Jay’s questions (If you can solve these problems.. you may be ready for CCA-175 . Give it a shot!) (if you are able to solve arun teaches problem scenario 5, you can score these two).
- For spark questions, make sure you practice string functions because irrespective of the database (student/employee/customers etc), there will be a question/questions about manipulating person details (like transforming first and last name as per their requirements or modifying date fields). So make you sure you are good with substring, concat, etc functions
- Hive question (mostly they will ask you read from a meta store table or write into it, so you should be comfortable with these two)
- practice all combinations of Compression types and file formats
- FINALLY, DONT WASTE TIME ON ONE QUESTION (like I did), TIME IS KEY. I wasted a lot of time for my 3rd question and it was the easiest one of all (just to read from one file format and write into another one, not even computations involved). I didnt want to miss that easy one, so I kept on finding the error. I did a silly mistake, a typo.
most frequent question/worry about exam, how to connect to mysql:
i tried > mysql -u -p (it will prompt for password and enter it)
-connect jdbc:mysql:/// --username cloudera --password cloudera
they will give url (gateway in my case), copy paste as is, i didnt use any port#
Feel free to ask any questions