Cleared CCA 175 on 17th April 2019

Hi,

I cleared my CCA 175 exam yesterday (17th April). I got 8 out of 9.

Firstly, I would like to thank Mr.Durga and his team for helping out aspirants like me with the content to be able to take up this exam with ease. Kudos to him!.

The exam problems were straightforward although some questions need to be read more than once to interpret right, as we need to just apply our mind and knowledge at that very moment. The exam time is quite tight to be able to finish all the problems.

My suggestion would be to practice well before giving it a try. Also, please do take backup of data for the sqoop and hive related problems, that would really help in accidentally losing it. I did the backup as recommended and it helped in my hive question. Also, please check the data structure, sample output and the delimiter before proceeding with the solution.

Good luck to all the aspirants!

Thanks again to Mr.Durga and this active discussion forum,

Malli

Prepare for certifications on our state of the art labs which have Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive and other Big Data technologies

• Click here for signing up for our state of the art 13 node Hadoop and Spark Cluster

1 Like

Congrats!! I had mine scheduled on 14th but the exam never launched. Hopefully will be able to take the exam when I schedule it for next time.

0 Likes

Congrats, Malli !
May I ask how many questions did you get on Spark streaming (flume/kafka etc)?
In the Spark-SQL do they ask specifically to implement using Core API or using Data Frames/SQL ?

Thanks
Soumyajit

0 Likes

Congrats Mali,

1. What language did you select to code?
  2. CCA 175 on Kaizen is different from The same course on Udemy
0 Likes

Is CCA 175 on Kaizen different from CCA 175 on Udemy.?? Is the updated too???

0 Likes

Hi Akalita,

Thank you!!..
All the best for your exam.

Malli

0 Likes

Thanks Soumyajit_De.

I did not get any questions on Spark Streaming, flume or kafka.
It is up to you to use Core API or DF or spark sql based on the problem statement. There was no mention of which one to use to solve the problem.

I got 2 sqoop, 1 hive and 6 spark questions.

0 Likes

Thank you hhena.

I did use scala doing spark problems in spark-shell.
I took only Mr. Durga sir course in youtube and referred some books for further information.

0 Likes

Thanks Malli for the prompt response.

Sorry 1 more question - when you say taking the back up of the data, did you mean copy the data from HDFS into some local folder?

I hope we will get enough time for this kind of extra works.

Thanks
Soumyajit

0 Likes

Hi Malli,

Congrats!

I attempted last week, but unfortunately, I was not able to clear it.

Got a sqoop question to import columns from MySQL but there were no column names specified it was more of vague columns mentioned, so missed that
Did you face any such question?

T&R,
Rihan

0 Likes

Hay Mali thanks for replying:
Could you Please give some guidance on Scalia resources that you learnt from.
TIA

0 Likes

Scala*
Where did you practice from?

0 Likes

Yes Soumyajit, I did mention about taking the backup of data from HDFS to local file system.
I would suggest to do this backup only for sqoop and hive related questions where data conversion type of problems are being asked.

Time is quite tight to finish all the problems.

0 Likes

Thanks Rihan.

Sorry to know about your attempt.

I used sqoop eval command to make sure of the table schema and the number of rows before I attempted any sqoop or hive related questions. That really helped me to make sure of the column names in the problem statement with the table schema.

Also, with the spark questions too, I did verify the data structure from a file in the source folder, to make sure of the data layout and its delimiter.

Good luck to you!

0 Likes

Hhena, I referred online resources for Scala but for this exam whatever knowledge we gained from the content by Mr.Durga is more than enough.

I gave more emphasis on Spark, So I read this book “Learning Spark” by Matei Zaharia…

0 Likes

Are you talking about CCA 175 spark & Hadoop developer - scala??

0 Likes

Yes…it is CCA 175 and you know that you can use either Scala or Python for spark programs.
Hope you read my fist post…

0 Likes

Thanks Malli
Yeah there are 2 separate courses for CCA 175, one with Scala and the other with Python.

0 Likes

Hhena, I learnt CCA 175 Scala version from Mr.Durga course.

0 Likes

Thank you Malli, for your support.

0 Likes