Cleared CCA 175 on Apr 18 2019

Hi Guys,

I cleared CCA 175 on Apr 18, 2019. I would like to thank Durga Sir and Arun. Without them, I would have not achieved this certification. I practiced from Durga Sir’s Youtube Playlist and Arun’s blog. I practiced Arun’s blog more than 5 times.
I got 2 Sqoop, 1 Hive, and 6 Spark questions.
I got my result after 24 hours of taking the exam. They directly sent me the digital receipt. So, I don’t know how many questions were correct.
As per my experience, questions are easy and simple but few questions are a little tricky. I also cross-checked the solutions and most important verify the columnar delimiter. It should be the same as they specify in the question.
After attempting all the questions, I was left with 10 mins. So, utilize your time efficiently.
For a good view of the exam screen, I used the Dock station and connected to an external monitor. You are allowed to connect to an external monitor. So, take the advantage if you have one.
Last but not least, I would like to thanks all the members of itversity, your posts helped me a lot and you can ask me any queries you have about the exam. I will try my best to answer them.

Thanks,
Dileep Kumar

2 Likes

Congratulations Dileep! Thanks for the post. I have a few qs :

1. Do you need to store headers in final file?
  2. Did you store all solution dataframes/rdd as 1 file?
  3. Can we solve using Spark SQL or do they ask to solve via Core APIs RDDs?
  4. Are the transformations/ SQL complex? What type of aggregations are needed for example?

Also what command did you use for launching the spark shell? --num-executors and --executor-memory ?

Hi Sofia,

Please find the answers for the questions below

1. Do you need to store headers in the final file?
    No, I didn’t store any headers. Column names will be stored by default when you save it as a text file. don’t worry about it. Just do it as said in Arun’s blog.
  2. Did you store all solution dataframes/rdd as 1 file?
    Cloudera will give you the hdfs path, make sure you enter it correctly and try to cross-check it before finishing the exam. Try to copy paste instead of typing.
  3. Can we solve using Spark SQL or do they ask to solve via Core APIs RDDs?
    You can solve it in any way you prefer. I solved it using SparkSql.
  4. Are the transformations/ SQL complex? What type of aggregations are needed for example?
    They were easy, direct questions, but few questions were a little tricky. All I can say is go through Durga Sir’s tutorial on spark SQL it covers everything.
  5. Also what command did you use for launching the spark shell? --num-executors and --executor-memory ?
    No, I didn’t use it. I thought it will waste my time checking the configuration. I just used spark-shell and executed everything.
    Don’t waste your time, try to save at least 10 mins, so can cross check your answers.

My advice is if you find any problem difficult just leave it and go for another problem. Try to come back to it later when you are confident that you answered 7 questions correctly. In that way, you will feel less tensed and you can solve the problem too.

Thanks,
Dileep Kumar

Thank you for the details. It’s very helpful.