Hi Everyone ,
I am happy to share that I have successfully cleared Cloudera Certification Exam on 9th December’18.
I have scored 7 out of 9.
I got 2 question from Sqoop and 7 questions from Spark.
I have practiced on ITVersity Labs and followed ITVersity tutorials on YouTube.
As I have practiced on ITVersity, I faced little difficulty in understanding MYSQL JDBC Connection details.
In ITVersity , mySQL JDBC connection is like jdbc:mysql://abc.xyz.com. But in exam hostname is just “gateway”. I was trying to find the full JDBC URL exam environment and lost 10 minutes of time.
I have attempted 8 question out of 9 in the given time of 2 hours.
There was 1 typo in output path I have created , so it did not get score .
Apart from this I have not faced any problem.
Some tips :
- Get bigger screen . 15 inches screen is not comfortable to code. you can connect your laptop to LED or Desktop during exam.
- If you are taking exam from India, prefer using LAN cable for internet instead of WiFi.
- No breaks , No Food and Drinks during the exam.
- Install and get hands-on feel on Cloudera Quick Start VM , so that you will be comfortable with exam environment tools like Terminal, Text Editor .
- Use Zooming and Copy - Paste Commands for better productivity.
- Cross Check the output directory path you are creating for each problem. If there is a small typo also, you wont get score for it.
- You can take exam either in Spark 2.3 or Spark 1.6 using spark-shell or spark2-shell .
- If input is TextFile, then Cloudera won’t specify the delimiter . you have open the file and check it before start with coding .
- If you are setting parquet / avro compression in more than one problem , then use new terminal for each problem so that you wont face any issues if you forgot to change it.
- Use ~12 mappers in Sqoop Export to increase parallelism.
- Any Spark API can be used to used to solve the problem
- No need to save the code anywhere, as cloudera doesn’t evaluate code. It only checks the output requirements like data, folder path, file format and compression technique used.
- Have a backup option in case of power outage or internet problems as Cloudera doesn’t provide the re-attempt chance or doesn’t pass the timer.
- Protractor will there in online to help you with any issues with environment issues. He won’t have any knowledge on the question content and data .
I would like to thanks ITVersity Team, Moderators and Members of this forum for sharing your knowledge and helping others to grow in their career.
I am happy to answer , if you have any questions .