Could not locate executable C:\winutils\bin\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop binaries

apache-spark

Hello,

I’m facing an error when I’m trying to run simple code in IntelliJ locally, I have the winutils.exe file in C drive and I also set HADOOP_HOME system variable but still, this error is coming. Below is error and snapshot

Could not locate executable C:\winutils\bin\bin\winutils.exe in the Hadoop binaries

Thanks
Devendra Shukla

Since it is showing “bin” twice, there is some this wrong with system variable. Can you check that or paste the system variable and winutils.exe location screenshots.

Thanks for your reply @vinodnerella. Now I change the path(please see screenshot) but still facing same error. I also set the environment variable in my IntelliJ

Can you what is HADOOP_HOME variable value?

And you need to give permissions also for the winutils.exe file.

• Create c:\tmp\hive directory
  • Create C:\hadoop\bin directory
  • Copy downloaded winutils.exe under C:\hadoop\bin
  • Open command prompt using “Run as Administrator” to open with admin rights and run
    C:\hadoop\bin\winutils.exe chmod 777 /tmp/hive

I Created the folder in C drive and also follow below steps.Below is the snapshot of my environment variable value which I set.

Create c:\tmp\hive directory
Create C:\hadoop\bin directory
Copy downloaded winutils.exe under C:\hadoop\bin
Open command prompt using “Run as Administrator” to open with admin rights and run
C:\hadoop\bin\winutils.exe chmod 777 /tmp/hive

In bin folder I pasted winutil.exe. But not working:disappointed:

Now the error is same or different one?

Yes, Error is same. Please see below screeshot