Error while sqooping

sqoop

Hi used this command,

sqoop import-all-tables --connect “jdbc:mysql://quickstart.cloudera:3306/retail_db” --username retail_dba --password cloudera --warehouse-dir /user/hive/warehouse/problem6.db --hive-import --hive-database problem6 --create-hive-table --as-textfile;

Repeatedly I am facing this error.The error is categories already exists.I even removed the path and tried once again

Hi @Tarun_Teja Table already exist in problem6 database.

This is not lab issue. It is tagged incorrectly. This is sqoop issue in your cloudera quick start VM.

Thank you all for the quick response.

The sqoop command I used is ,

sqoop import-all-tables --connect jdbc:mysql://ms.itversity.com:3306/retail_db --username retail_user --password itversity --warehouse-dir /user/tarunsteja/sqoopImport.db --hive-import --hive-database tarunsteja_db --create-hive-table --as-textfile

where DB is tarunsteja_db and i tried to import all the tables from retail_db.
Error Says: categories already exists but There is no point of already exists as I am giving fresh path.

Secondly, When i checked in mysql there is no retail_db but there is retailDB , with out retail_db
database how come it is sqooping categories table.

So , What I am trying to do is to import all tables from retail_db i.e orders,categories,departments,orderitems in to the hdfs path provided.But it is failing after importing only categories table not other tables.

Can i get the --username --password of other databases avaliable inorder to proceed with out delay.

Thank you,
Regards,
Tarun Teja