I have failed CCA 175 exam today. I have passed only 3 problems out of 9, however, I was confident in 7-8 results.
I have been preparing for the exam for 1 month (I was able to dedicate a lot of time - 6-8 hours per day). I took the Udemy course. Then I practiced a lot on problems from itversity and Arun blog several times. There are reasons why I failed:
- I didn’t have time to finish 1 problem at all.
- The exam environment is slow and not comfortable to use several tabs. For example, I can finish the same task on my environment during 8-10 min but on exam environment - during 15-18 min.
- Some problems didn’t have information about delimiter or structure of the file/table. As result, I have spent additional time to validate and understand the structure of file or table. It wasn’t difficult but time-consuming.
- For sqoop import, table didn’t have PK. I chose column with name id to split by. It seems it wasn’t correct.
- I didn’t have problems about kafka/flume, avro or fill template. I used only Python and sparkSQL to solve all problems.
Tasks were easy. I knew how to do them but it seems I didn’t consider some duplicate values or some other conditions of data (may be null) because I received “Incorrect number of records” in the final report for many problems.