Finding YARN RM URI on Cloudera QuickStart VM

clouderaquickstart

Hi All,

I am new to the forum. So, apologies in advance if I categorized question wrongly as Big Data/clouderaquickstart.

I am preparing for CCA-175 with Cloudera QuickStart VM. I was going through Durga Sir’s video on understanding # of Cores and Memory available in the cluster by accessing YARN Resource Manager UI. He said that URI of YARN RM will be available in /etc/conf/hadoop/yarn-site.xml.

But, when I open the yarn-site.xml file on my QuickStart VM, it doesn’t have the Resource Manager URI info. The file doesn’t contain the tag “yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address” which is supposed to contain URI for YARN RM.

Below is the full content of the yarn-site.xml file. Can someone please suggest where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

<?xml version="1.0"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="configuration.xsl"?> yarn.nodemanager.aux-services mapreduce_shuffle yarn.nodemanager.aux-services.mapreduce_shuffle.class org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ShuffleHandler yarn.log-aggregation-enable true yarn.dispatcher.exit-on-error true List of directories to store localized files in. yarn.nodemanager.local-dirs /var/lib/hadoop-yarn/cache/${user.name}/nm-local-dir Where to store container logs. yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs /var/log/hadoop-yarn/containers Where to aggregate logs to. yarn.nodemanager.remote-app-log-dir /var/log/hadoop-yarn/apps Classpath for typical applications. yarn.application.classpath $HADOOP_CONF_DIR, $HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/*,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/lib/*, $HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/*,$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/lib/*, $HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/*,$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/lib/*, $HADOOP_YARN_HOME/*,$HADOOP_YARN_HOME/lib/*

It is a single host setup and Cloudera manages properties files such as yarn-site.xml differently.

You need to go to Cloudera Manager UI and go to YARN service, then Configuration and search for the yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address.

Ok. Thank you for you guidance!