As part of this topic, we will set up Cygwin on our windows machine.
- Go to the link provided here
- Download and Install Cygwin
- Install packages like ssh, inetutils
- Launch Cygwin.
Connect to Labs Using Cygwin
- To connect to the labs in Cygwin we must have ssh package pre-installed.
- use the command ssh username@hostname
- Copy the password from labs n use shift+insert to paste the password in Cygwin.
Password Less Login in Cygwin
- Use ssh-keygen which will generate necessary keys for passwordless login
- Once the key is generated copy the id using the command ssh-copy-id username@hostname and hit enter
- Now we have successfully set up the passwordless login using Cygwin.
Copy a File From Local Machine to Remote Machine Using Cygwin
- To copy a file to the remote machine we use below command
scp path/fileName.Format username@hostname valid path in the remote machine
Learn Spark 1.6.x or Spark 2.x on our state of the art big data labs
- Click here for access to state of the art 13 node Hadoop and Spark Cluster