How to add the headings before the data is placed in hdfs after the processing is done in pyspark

HI All,

Is there any way to put the header also in the file after the processing is completed in spark engine.

For example I have to find the group of employees for departments. So I will use spark to find the same. Now I have to place the file back in HDFS.

When I am putting the file back, I wish to add headings like ‘department_name’,‘employee_name’ before the employee data.

department_name,employee_name
12,abc
12,xyx
13,rtg
14,fde

Regards,
Vibhor.

@vibhoroffice While saving a file you can use header option to add the header to file

df.write.format(“csv”).option(“header”, “true”).save(“hdfs://location/to/save/csv”)

@annapurna, when I am using approach mentioned above, I am not getting the desired result.

I am giving the code below, can you please let me know where I am going wrong. The code is working perfectly fine apart from the last line where I am trying to save back by using dataframe. Please help me.

#create the RDD out of the file
technologyrdd=sc.textFile("/user/vibhoroffice/problem45/technology.txt")
salaryrdd=sc.textFile("/user/vibhoroffice/problem45/salary.txt")
#find the header and remove the same.
header1=technologyrdd.first()
header2=salaryrdd.first()
technologyrddfilter=technologyrdd.filter(lambda x:x!=header1)
salaryrddfilter=salaryrdd.filter(lambda x:x!=header2)
#map the data
from pyspark.sql import Row
technologymap=technologyrddfilter.map(lambda x:(Row(first_name=x.split(",")[0],last_name=x.split(",")[1],technology=x.split(",")[2]))).toDF()
salarymap=salaryrddfilter.map(lambda x:(Row(first_name=x.split(",")[0],last_name=x.split(",")[1],salary=x.split(",")[2]))).toDF()
cond=[technologymap.first_name==salarymap.first_name,technologymap.last_name==salarymap.last_name]
datajoin=technologymap.join(salarymap,cond,‘outer’).select(technologymap.first_name,technologymap.last_name,technologymap.technology,salarymap.salary).collect()
datajoin.write.format(“csv”).save("/user/vibhoroffice/problem45/result")