I am not able to connect Hive from Tableau, is the nn01.itversity and port 10000 correct or these are blocked, please provide instructions to connect to Hive from Tableau

hive
tableau

I am not able to connect Hive from Tableau, is the nn01.itversity and port 10000 correct or these are blocked, please provide instructions to connect to Hive from Tableau

Yes, ports are blocked on other nodes than gateway nodes.
You can use sshuttle to proxy and connect to services running on other hosts in the cluster.

@vinodnerella, please come up with the instructions.

Hi @mpremchand78,

Here is the instructions to connect to nn01:

1. You can install sshuttle using the below command - pip install sshuttle
    Reference - https://sshuttle.readthedocs.io/en/stable/installation.html

2. Initially, you won’t be able to nn01, if you do a telnet to that specific port it won’t be connecting.

3. Once you install sshuttle, you can use the below to use gateway server as a proxy. It will ask for local sudo password and then the password to connect to the lab which is Labs Password. Once you enter them correctly, you should client Connected as shown below.
    sshuttle -r <username>@<hostname> 0/0

4. And then you should be able to to the port, you can test that using telnet command in the new terminal or shell as below.

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Hi @vinodnerella
i am trying to connect itversity labs to tableau and getting failed.
is there anything i have to do different than in the screenshot, as i do not understand what you are doing in the above thread.
please help me

Hi @Akhil_Chowdary_Karut, We sent a message, please respond so that one of our team members will connect and help you with the process.

Hi @vinodnerella @chandanvarma i am available now to connect to team viewer

@Akhil_Chowdary_Karut will connect with you in sometime and help you with that.