Lab losing connection

Lab losing connection
0.0 0

@itversity @BaLu_SaI

Today ssh connection to lab was losing connection every few minutes. Connection to lab was successful after lsot connection hence was not show stopper.

Sorry do not have more details to share.

@altafraghu Use any ssh client to connect Big Data Labs like Putty or Cygwin. Web console has timeout in inactive state.

I am using ssh as mentioned in my OP. Seeing this issue of losing connection even today.

I am using cygwin, I am loosing the connection from last few days. earlier it was loosing connection. There seems to be some changes happened in last week of so. Kindly check.

@itversity @BaLu_SaI

Kindly update about above issue. If try to write code in sublime and then paste in spark shell, by the time the session gets time out. This one is getting very troublesome. Kindly do the needful. This was not happening earlier.

@itversity @BaLu_SaI

The problem exist for me still.

It becomes really frustrating in spark, when you are in the middle of a set of commands and you lose the connection. You then have to redo the earlier commands again.

FYI: Using ssh to log into the system.

Hope you understand and correct the issue.

Yes, I have been facing the same with cygwin also. Gets disconnected in middle of spark and have to redo everything again . I hardly use 2 hours of lab per day and facing this issue within 40 minutes ,wastes lot of time.
Please address .

Hello Team,
Can you please look into this issue. The lab is getting disconnected every few minutes now and it is getting really difficult when I am editing a file in vi editor and the connection gets timed out. Can you please check from your side.

@BaLu_SaI can you pls resolve this issue it is very difficult to write all code repeatedly many time. I am loosing lot of time in logging in every 1 min or so.

@Pratha @Divyojyoti_Sinha @altafraghu @bapun.giri7

I have increased session alive up to 2 hours. Let us know if the issue still persists.

@BaLu_SaI, please test and let me know after how much time session is getting disconnected.

I have tested spark-shell for more than 2 hours and I not disconnected in middle.Bellow you can see the time stamps when I started and ended in bold.

17/08/13 02:11:49 INFO SparkILoop: Created sql context (with Hive support)…
SQL context available as sqlContext.

scala> Stopping spark context.
17/08/13 05:00:57 INFO ContextHandler: stopped o.s.j.s.ServletContextHandler{/static/sql,null}

I am facing the same issue. Using Cygwin SSH to connect to the lab. After 60sec of idle time, getting kicked out from the cygwin. please fix asap. my id is ramasamisuresh

I have tested it and it is working normally for me. Probably you might have to take care of some thing on your side.

I use cygwin as SSH Client , Not sure what other additional settings must be done on my side to overcome this. need your assistance

I am not not able to login now, getting the below error,

$ ssh’s password:
Too many logins for ‘ramasamisuresh’.
Last failed login: Thu Aug 24 14:47:47 EDT 2017 from on ssh:notty
There were 3 failed login attempts since the last successful login.
Last login: Thu Aug 24 14:42:49 2017 from
CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

Linux 3.14.32-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64 #9 SMP Thu Oct 20 14:53:52 CEST 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

server : 266639
hostname :
eth0 IPv4 :
eth0 IPv6 : 2607:5300:61:9d2::/64

Connection to closed.