Mysql down cant connect

HI

Seems mysql is down.

sqoop eval --connect jdbc:mysql://ms.itversity.com/retail_db --username retail_user --password itversity --query “Select * from orders limit 10”

Thanks,
Prakash R

0 Likes

I am also not able to connect. Getting below error.

mysql -u retail_user -h ms.itversity.com -p
Enter password:
ERROR 2059 (HY000): Authentication plugin ‘caching_sha2_password’ cannot be loaded: /usr/lib64/mysql
/plugin/caching_sha2_password.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

0 Likes

Please try now. It is back to normal.

0 Likes

Trying to export data from hive to mysql.
Error: cannot create connection to mysql server.

0 Likes

Can you share more details? Please share the command you are running to perform the export.

retail_export database is dropped. You might have to recreate the tables once again.

0 Likes

I am trying to run this command

sqoop export  \
--connect jdbc:mysql://ms.itversity.com:3306/retail_export \
--username retail_user  \
--password itversity  \
--table daily_revenue_preetham \
--export-dir /apps/hive/warehouse/preetham_sqoop_import.db/daily_revenue \
--staging-table daily_revenue_preetham_stage \
--input-fields-terminated-by "\001" 

and yes I have created the tables in retail_export again.

0 Likes

Have you gone through the logs by using the URL generated? You will be able to figure out by yourself.

0 Likes

I am also trying to access mysql via sqoop but unable to access

I hava run the following command

sqoop eval --connect jdbc:mysql://ms.itversity.com:3306/retail_db --username retail_user --password itversity --query "select * from orders limit 5";

Got below error message

19/05/26 00:32:07 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.6.2.6.5.0-292
19/05/26 00:32:07 WARN tool.BaseSqoopTool: Setting your password on the command-line is insecure. Consider using -P instead.
19/05/26 00:32:07 INFO manager.MySQLManager: Preparing to use a MySQL streaming resultset.
19/05/26 00:32:08 WARN tool.EvalSqlTool: SQL exception executing statement: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server.

0 Likes

URL is not generated and for previous commands the URL never worked in my browser(safari).

0 Likes

Ok, there will be URLs. Can you paste if there are any errors as part of Sqoop logs?

0 Likes

@savitha, can you try now?

Also, please format the code going forward, copy pasting will result in special characters. You can use </> to paste code as code.

0 Likes

@Preetham_Manubolu, can you also give a try now?

0 Likes

I cannot, I live it CST time zone and its late already.
I will try tomorrow morning and see if it works.
thanks for the immediate support!!!

0 Likes

I am able to run above command successfully.

19/05/26 01:04:58 INFO manager.SqlManager: Migrated 364 records from daily_revenue_preetham_stage to daily_revenue_preetham

0 Likes

Its working now.
@itversity Thanks a lot for immediate response.

0 Likes