Passed CCA 175 on July/21/2020

Hi All, I have cleared my exam with 9/9. Big Thanks to Durga and his lab.

I would like to add few points:

1. Very important!!! It seems like environment was changed again (cloudera removed video about their latest demo of environment) and I worked with very slow cluster. The ctrl+c/v didn’t work - this is bad news. The good news - I could use notepad++ and another terminal window for “hdfs dfs” commands and it looks better then it was in their demo.
    I observed bad behavior with using ctrl+c also!

2. This labs enough for the success. All topics were covered completely. I spent 1.20 hour for solving all tasks because I practiced a lot. The tasks were more easy then labs.

3. I also used Arun’s blog for preparing, but now it’s wasting time (As I’ve already said this labs enough)

4. I got a lot of tasks for reading data in text format with separator ( you should pay more attention for this), and some tasks for converting data to different formats such as parquet/orc/avro/text with some compression options. I also had some tasks with reading and writing tables to hive. You should be familiar with simple operations
    like concat, substr etc…

5. I didn’t use any args for spark-shell ( I only used --packages … for avro) and I all tasks were solved with using spark dataframe api and spark sql

Prepare for certifications on our state of the art labs which have Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive and other Big Data technologies

• Click here for signing up for our state of the art 13 node Hadoop and Spark Cluster

1 Like