Let us understand details related to Metadata Generated in Hive.
- When we create a Hive table, there is metadata associated with it.
- Table Name
- Column Names and Data Types
- File Format
- and more
- This metadata has to be stored some where so that Hive Engine can access the information to serve our queries.
Let us understand where the metadata is stored.
- Information is typically stored in relational database and it is called as metastore.
- It is extensively used by Hive engine for syntax and semantics check as well as execution of Hive Queries.
- In our case it is stored in MySQL Database. Let us review the metastore tables.