Spark_demo program

pyspark

In first spark_demo program I am having an error “WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified”. Please suggest how to resolve this issue.

Can you paste the entire error log in the text format? Can you go to Windows file explorer and check whether you have deckofcards.txt file under C drive?

Please share the screenshot as well.

@BaLu_SaI please help Sudhanshu and bring the issue to closure.

Good Morning,

Please find the details.

from pyspark import SparkConf, SparkContext
sc = SparkContext(master=“local”, appName=“spark_demo”)
print(sc.textFile(“c:\deckofcards.txt”).first())

Note:- File have given all the required permission.Even I tried to change the file location still having the same error.

Error log :-

C:\Users\hp-pc\PycharmProjects\Spark_Project\venv\Scripts\python.exe C:/Users/hp-pc/PycharmProjects/Spark_Project/spark_demo.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:/Users/hp-pc/PycharmProjects/Spark_Project/spark_demo.py”, line 2, in
sc = SparkContext(master=“local”, appName=“spark_demo”)
File “C:\spark-1.6.3-bin-hadoop2.6\python\pyspark\context.py”, line 112, in init
SparkContext._ensure_initialized(self, gateway=gateway)
File “C:\spark-1.6.3-bin-hadoop2.6\python\pyspark\context.py”, line 245, in _ensure_initialized
SparkContext._gateway = gateway or launch_gateway()
File “C:\spark-1.6.3-bin-hadoop2.6\python\pyspark\java_gateway.py”, line 79, in launch_gateway
proc = Popen(command, stdin=PIPE, env=env)
File “C:\Python27\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 390, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “C:\Python27\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 640, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Where I am committing mistacks ?

Your setup is not proper. You need to follow these instructions and set up the environment.

https://kaizen.itversity.com/setup-spark-development-environment-pycharm-and-python/

I have installed all the components (python, java, pycharm, spark and winutils) as per given instructions also edited the system variables. On console I am able to read the file through the spark context but when the same code I tried to run on pycharm, it’s throwing below error. As shown in below error “WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified”I do believe passing path name is correct as in same manner I write a program to alter the file name in folder and it’s working file.
I have been facilitated for one month free subscription for lab access but I am not able to access data-master folder as shown in video.
C:\Users\hp-pc\PycharmProjects\gettingstarted\venv\Scripts\python.exe C:/Users/hp-pc/PycharmProjects/gettingstarted/sparkDemo.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:/Users/hp-pc/PycharmProjects/gettingstarted/sparkDemo.py”, line 2, in
sc = SparkContext(master=“local”, appName=“Spark_demo”)
File “C:\spark-1.6.3-bin-hadoop2.6\python\pyspark\context.py”, line 112, in init
SparkContext._ensure_initialized(self, gateway=gateway)
File “C:\spark-1.6.3-bin-hadoop2.6\python\pyspark\context.py”, line 245, in _ensure_initialized
SparkContext._gateway = gateway or launch_gateway()
File “C:\spark-1.6.3-bin-hadoop2.6\python\pyspark\java_gateway.py”, line 79, in launch_gateway
proc = Popen(command, stdin=PIPE, env=env)
File “C:\Python27\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 390, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “C:\Python27\Lib\subprocess.py”, line 640, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Process finished with exit code 1
On PYCHARM IDE–

from pyspark import SparkConf, SparkContext
sc = SparkContext(master=“local”, appName=“Spark_demo”)
filePath = "D:\Sudhanshu\Big_data\Udemy\deckofcards.txt”
print(sc.textFile(filePath).first())

Same code processed successfully on console.
sc.textFile(“D:\Sudhanshu\Big_data\Udemy\deckofcards.txt”).first()22

Setting screen shot on pycharm

@vinodnerella or @BaLu_SaI, please do the screen share and try to resolve the issue.

@sudhanshu_shekhar
can you share your team viewer id or can u connect with us in zoom

I have already shared all the screen shot of error and setting (python and spark). I am not aware of my team viewer id. Let me know how to find it. Regarding to connect over zoom, Please send me the zoom meeting link, I will be over there on the schedule time. (Monday to Friday not be available between 11:30 am to 12 PM)
Let us know the time to do screen-share to resolve the spark demo program issue

@sudhanshu_shekhar
Install the package pyspark and then run the program
Go to File -> Settings -> Project Interpreter
Click on install button and search for PySpark

@Sunil_Itversity, PySpark package has been installed in PyCharm IDE, still having the same issue.

@Sunil_Itversity, Please send me the zoom meeting link, I will be over there on the schedule time. (Monday to Friday not be available between 11:30 am to 12 PM)

hii @sudhanshu_shekhar u can connect with me now in zoom here is the id 971 175 474

@Sunil_Itversity, Request you please setup zoom meeting for Today.