Spark.read.csv failing with permission issue

Hi Team,

I am trying to load and create a data frame in spark 2.But i am getting an error message which is given below.It looks like some permission issue.Can u please give me a guidelines about this issue.

val data =spark.read.csv("/user/syeswanth/Files/sample.csv")
18/04/21 08:55:29 WARN RetryInvocationHandler: Exception while invoking ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.getFileInfo over null. Not retrying
because try once and fail.
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException): Permission denied: user=syeswanth, access=EXECUTE, in
ode="/user/syeswanth/Files/sample.csv/_spark_metadata":syeswanth:hdfs:-rw-r–r--
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:319)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkTraverse(FSPermissionChecker.java:259)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:205)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.checkPermission(FSPermissionChecker.java:190)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirectory.checkPermission(FSDirectory.java:1827)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirStatAndListingOp.getFileInfo(FSDirStatAndListingOp.java:108)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getFileInfo(FSNamesystem.java:3972)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.getFileInfo(NameNodeRpcServer.java:1130)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.getFileInfo(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslato
rPB.java:851)

Learn Spark 1.6.x or Spark 2.x on our state of the art big data labs

• Click here for access to state of the art 13 node Hadoop and Spark Cluster

We need to pass directory not file path to spark.read.csv.

Here is the working example.

scala> val data =spark.read.csv("/user/syeswanth/Files")
data: org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrame = [_c0: string, _c1: string … 5 more fields]