Sqoop import-all-tables --as-parquetfile gives erro

[cloudera@quickstart ~]$ sqoop import-all-tables --connect “jdbc:mysql://quickstart.cloudera:3306/retail_db” --username retail_dba --password cloudera --as-parquetfile --warehouse-dir=/user/hive/warehouse --hive-import --hive-overwrite
This query gives this error
6/12/24 18:08:03 ERROR sqoop.Sqoop: Got exception running Sqoop: org.kitesdk.data.UnknownFormatException: Unknown format for serde:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe
org.kitesdk.data.UnknownFormatException: Unknown format for serde:org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe
please someone help

0 Likes

What is the sqoop version you are using? Parquet file added in 1.4.6 version.

0 Likes

Thanks for help but version may be not the problem here
6/12/25 08:10:48 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.6-cdh5.8.0
Sqoop 1.4.6-cdh5.8.0

0 Likes

My understanding looking at your sqoop import command is that you are trying to import all tables (from MySQL DB to Hive as Parquet file) that were already imported previously as a different file format. Hence, I guess the Hive metastore contains one format but you try to overwrite the tables with a different format. I think this is the issue.

1 Like

Sqoop import-all-tables as parquet file giving permission issue

I thing sqoop import does not support --hive-import with --as-parquetfile. you can import as-parquetfile using below command

sqoop import-all-tables --connect jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/retail_db --username retail_dba --password cloudera --as-parquetfile --warehouse-dir /user/hive/warehouse

and create external table in hive using stored as parquet pointing to /user/hive/warehouse/table name.

0 Likes

Thanks ,It worked I removed all already imported tables and it worked .

1 Like