Sqoop import command not working

sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://ms.itvarsity.com/retail_db --username retail_user --password itvarsity --table orders --target-dir /user/rkapur68/sqoop_import/retail_db/orders

Even if I specify port 3306 still same error.

When I execute this statement , I get error…please see below

20/09/19 19:38:27 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.6.2.6.5.0-292
20/09/19 19:38:27 WARN tool.BaseSqoopTool: Setting your password on the command-line is insecure. Consider using -P instead.
20/09/19 19:38:27 INFO manager.MySQLManager: Preparing to use a MySQL streaming resultset.
20/09/19 19:38:27 INFO tool.CodeGenTool: Beginning code generation
20/09/19 19:40:35 ERROR manager.SqlManager: Error executing statement: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)

Hold on, read this through before raising topic in this category

Are you getting Permission denied, too many logins issue?
Don’t raise new ticket. Click here for the solution. If the issue persists after 30 minutes then raise new ticket

Go through other common issues in this category before raising any issue.

Hi @Rajeev_Kapur,

There is typo in your command while passing –connect and –password parameter .

it’s itversity not itvarsity