Sqoop issue with --map-column-java for Timestamp

sqoop import --connect “jdbc:mysql://quickstart.cloudera:3306/retail_db” --username cloudera --password-file /user/cloudera/sqoop_mysql.pass --as-parquetfile --table orders --target-dir=/user/cloudera/import/retail_stage/parq/orders_tst --map-column-java order_id=Integer,order_date=TIMESTAMP,order_customer_id=Integer,order_status=String --fields-terminated-by ‘|’ --lines-terminated-by ‘\n’ -m 1 --outdir parq_conf

Its through below error:

Warning: /usr/lib/sqoop/…/accumulo does not exist! Accumulo imports will fail.
Please set $ACCUMULO_HOME to the root of your Accumulo installation.
18/01/22 03:36:02 INFO sqoop.Sqoop: Running Sqoop version: 1.4.6-cdh5.12.0
18/01/22 03:36:04 INFO manager.MySQLManager: Preparing to use a MySQL streaming resultset.
18/01/22 03:36:04 INFO tool.CodeGenTool: Beginning code generation
18/01/22 03:36:04 INFO tool.CodeGenTool: Will generate java class as codegen_orders
18/01/22 03:36:04 INFO manager.SqlManager: Executing SQL statement: SELECT t.* FROM orders AS t LIMIT 1
18/01/22 03:36:04 ERROR orm.ClassWriter: No ResultSet method for Java type TIMESTAMP
18/01/22 03:36:04 ERROR tool.ImportTool: Import failed: No ResultSet method for Java type TIMESTAMP

@Linux_Installations,

in your MySQL table ‘orders’ the order_date type is ‘TIMESTAMP’?? then only it supports otherwise use respective type.

I dont feel like its the correct analysis as i tried that option also and still i am getting the same error. Instead its some to do with the jar file which converts the data types while exporting the data from database to hdfs like orm.ClassWriter

@Linux_Installations,

You have used wrong datatype ‘Timestamp’, instead of this try ‘java.sql.Timestamp’.
https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.6/SqoopUserGuide.html#_java_sql_timestamp

If you can understand the errors then there will be no wrong analysis.

Ravi - Still i am getting error, the documentation looks to be for oracle import rather than mysql. Could please let me know if it works for you while u were practicing if so can u share the table details and the sqoop import statement used by you.

ok will let you know, with full import command

@Linux_Installations,

You’re importing data from Table in Parquet format to HDFS, then why explicitly needed ‘–map-column-java’?
Any reason?

Because it doesn’t make any difference, you can just remove that parameter & try it will work.

The main reason for this parameter is for overriding default mapping of datatype for exclusive cases.

I am currently practicing and even i tried to import the table with timestamp as the datatype, but unfortunatley the avsc schema for parquet file import is showing the datatype as long instead of timestamp.

When i try to create hive table on it, its not able to show the data in it.