Sqoop quick help

Hi,
I am able to use sqoop to move data in/out using export/import command. My question is that can we use sqoop to move data from mysql to localfile system in VM.
My objective is to generate source file in localfile system. I am using Cloudera VM. As internet is not enabled in VM, I thought of using mysql data extract. One workaround I am thinking is to move data from mysql to hdfs, and move from hdfs to localfile system. Is there any other way to get this done?

Thanks,
Ashish

@ashishsinha.1984 I highly doubt it because Sqoop (DB) import to HDFS only possible. If you want to create local source system files then please rely upon the mysql table export

Refer:

And alos I remember that there is a video where Durga (Itversity) posted a video on the same especially on the CCA-175 playlist.

Hope it helps.

@ashishsinha.1984
The approach mentioned by you for getting data from database to HDFS and then sending the data from HDFS to local file system using get command can be a solution to this. You can go for a shell script so that every time you perform this operation, the files are deleted from hdfs once they are send to the local file system.

Here is a sample script: