Update on Big Data admin training

How is this different from current youtube videos which are available now for HDPCA !!!

Thanks

We are planning to go for self paced approach than live training. There will be yearly subscription and we will have content with respect to all the topics related to Systems Engineering such as Big Data administration using different distributions, AWS and more.

We will discuss more about infrastructure costs soon so that you will have idea about the cost from your side for this training. As of now it is priced at $360 per year and there can be early bird discount after taking your opinion.

Reasons for going for self paced approach

Let us give you an idea about how the training is designed. Please go through the challenges and vote about your preferred mode of training.

• Each of the aspirant come from different background. One can be expert in System Administration using Linux while other might be working on production support role.
  • Each aspirant might be living in different timezones in different parts of the world
  • Each aspirant’s spending capability might be significantly different
  • Each aspirant might have access to different type of environment (such as servers with in organization or might have to rent a server to get real experience)
  • Each aspirant might be targeting different certification
  • Due to the above reasons, traditional one size fit all approach will not work

What you will get?

• Content for multiple courses
  • Active support from our team of 5 to 7 people
  • Bi-Weekly sessions with me to clear your doubts
  • Note that there will be 2 sessions every 2 weeks - one will be convenient for US folks and other will be convenient for India folks.
    and more

Please share your opinion if you want to go for self paced subscription based up to date content or you prefer live training:

• Prefer live training
  • Prefer Self Paced
  • No Preference

0 voters

We will be publishing multiple courses under this category.

Is the big data administration course available for purchase?

Hi, as the course will go on for an year with video uploads, can we pay the fee in parts rather upfront?

Not yet, it will be available with in a week.

Hi Durga,
Is that 360$ per year includes hands on lab sessions as well ??

There will be series of courses in a year. With in 3 months we will have following:

• HDPCA
  • CCA 131
  • One of the these three
    • Setting up Hadoop 3.x using plain vanilla distribution (only HDFS and YARN)
    • Kerberizing the cluster
    • Setting up Spark cluster with HDFS, Mesos, Hive and Kafka (plain vanilla)

After 3 months, we will be uploading 6 to 8 hours of content every month (on average).

If we take self placed course… what is the video upload frequency ? will the full course be available in a week ?

@dgadiraju

Please let me know, when this will become available.

Biji

Nope, hands on lab will not be provided in that cost. You need to take care by your self as and when it is needed from OVH or AWS or some other provider.

Hello Durga

As part of the big data admin, will you kindly provide linux training videos with focus on linux aspects specifically relevant for big data admin?

Can you provide list of overall content that you plan to provide throughout in the year for this course apart from the items you listed in this thread i.e. HDPCA, CCA131, HADOOP 3.x, Kerberos, Spark cluster setup?

Also, when can I sign-up for this course? Let me know once it is open for purchase.

There are several things in my mind. We will be having at least 5 courses in the coming year. After that we will be releasing one course per quarter.

• HDPCA
  • CCA 131
  • Kerberising the cluster
  • AWS EMR
  • Hadoop 3.x setup using Plainvanilla
  • HDFS, Zookeeper, Mesos, Spark, Hive and Kafka cluster set up
  • New versions from Cloudera and Hortonworks (if they include Hadoop 3.x)
  • Setting up MapR cluster
  • One of the 3 popular DevOps tools - Puppet or Chef or Ansible
  • Docker and Kubernetes

No Vamsi, you will get early bird discount and here is the schedule for coming 3 months.

• HDPCA
  • CCA 131
  • One of the these three
    • Setting up Hadoop 3.x using plain vanilla distribution (only HDFS and YARN)
    • Kerberizing the cluster
    • Setting up Spark cluster with HDFS, Mesos, Hive and Kafka (plain vanilla)

After 3 months, we will be uploading 6 to 8 hours of content every month (on average).

There will be lot of difference in quality. I will be emphasizing on Linux firewalls, step by step troubleshooting, advanced scripts etc.

Hello Durga,

I can see Sign Up & Check out Options here - http://kaizen.itversity.com/shop/systems-engineering/big-data-administration/ . let me know If the Course is ready.

I believe that it contains all the basic concepts (whatever needed) including Advanced concepts as well.

Thanks for Sharing your Expertise,
Regards,
Venkat Miriyala

Hi Durga,

Can you include Microsoft Azure HDInsight distribution as well?

Thanks,
Gaurav