Let us validate source database that will be used for learning purpose.
- As MySQL is typically used for learning Sqoop, let us validate MySQL database.
- We can follow same steps for any other database which will act as source.
- Connect to MySQL Server using
mysql -u retail_user -h ms.itversity.com -p. Enter password when prompted.
- We can list databases using
- retail_user have read only permissions on retail_db and read-write permissions on retail_export.
- All users in MySQL server will have read only permissions on information_schema.
Here are some of the standard commands which can be used in MySQL.
- Switch Database -
- List Tables -
- Preview Data -
SELECT * FROM orders LIMIT 10;
We have other databases along with users as well in our MySQL server.