Cleared CCA 175 - 13th July

Dear All,

I have cleared CCA 175 today , exam format was same as what other were telling previously 9 questions (2 sqoop , 7spark). I would like to thank Durga sir for his effort and all other members from the forum who shared their exam experience and answered all my question. Thanks you one and all .

Thanks,
Satish.

1 Like

Congrats Satish, there were 9 questions (2 sqoop , 5 spark) and remaining 2 ?

Hi Jitesh,

My bad there were 7 questions on spark , I have corrected my post.

Thanks,
Satish.

@skakollu It means, there are only 7 questions in exam … Is it ?

No total 9 out them 2 were from sqoop and 7 were from spark.

Thanks,
Satish.

Congrats @skakollu

Any questions related to the Dynamic partition & do we need to implement using the sqlContext or directly in Hive ?

Hi Ram,

There are no questions on partitions and we dont need to use hive in any question. We will question where we have to use hive meta store using spark only.

Thanks,
Satish.

I understand that we have to choose either Scala or Python as programming language,

Correct me if I’m wrong?

hi, can any one provide you tube links of durga sir for CCA175 videos for revised sylabus

Yeah you can use either of them.

Thanks,
Satish.

Here is the link

Thanks,
Satish.

can some one share the slides for scala which are used in this videos

hello @skakollu ,
Congrats on clearing the certification. I was wondering if in the spark questions

1. You were implicitly instructed to solve using Rdds or Spark SQL or dataframe API, or where you free to choice whatever approach you wanted?
  2. The data on which the transformations had to be applied, was it read from a compressed file of complex file format? if you were, can you drop some scenarios here.

Hi ,

1. We can chose our one way to solve the question, they will give a problem description you can solve it by using either spark core api , spark sql or spark data frames.
  2. Please follow this blog for sample problems

Thanks,
Satish.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply Satish. Appreciate it.

could you give ur number or email. I was scheudled my exam on 19th july.
your input may be help me taking care of exam.

@skakollu Congratulations !! Could you please let us know if we use spark-shell how will we submit our code for review.

No code submission. we have to write our logic according question. While doing results will store some point right according question requirement.

@ravitejaa Thanks for your prompt response. Correct me if my understanding is wrong if we get a question where we have to write our code from scratch, only thing will be validated is the output, isn’t it?

yes they will see output only.