Decided to try CCA175 next month

Hi,

I have decided to try CCA175 next month. Started the preparation before a week. I am a master student and don’t have any experience working with big data before.I have completed Data ingest today and moving on to flume. I am following Itversity videos only as part of preparation. Can anyone please let me know whether 1 month would be sufficient for the preparation. If not how much time it would take to clear the certification.

It would be huge help if some one suggest me as i am about to graduate

Thanks,
Vasanth Mahendran

It vary from person to person significantly. Historically it take 80 hours to 160 hours for the preparation.

Also there are changes to curriculum. Use this playlist to prepare on Spark and ignore Hive, Impala, Avro etc. Now the test is primarily on Sqoop, Flume, Core Spark, Spark SQL etc.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This new playlist alone is enough for preparation? is the new playlist complete?Can i ignore the old playlist now? Awaiting your reply for preparartion.

Thanks,
Vasanth Mahendran

I have booked my exam last Month. My exam is schedule for this Sunday (April 2). Just noticed about the syllabus change. Not sure when the change is effective from. You have any info?