- Click here for $35 coupon for CCA 175 Spark and Hadoop Developer using Python.
- Click here for $35 coupon for CCA 175 Spark and Hadoop Developer using Scala.
- Click here for $25 coupon for HDPCD:Spark using Python.
- Click here for $25 coupon for HDPCD:Spark using Scala.
- Click here for access to state of the art 13 node Hadoop and Spark Cluster
- Intention of this problem is to understand the process of developing applications
- Dependencies: MySQL JDBC, typesafe.config for externalizing JDBC URL
- Use MySQL as database. If you do not have one, install it locally.
- Steps to setup database
- Create database by name HR
- Switch to HR database
- Run this script, it will create bunch of tables
- Get it from github
- List the tables
- Make sure employees table is in the list
- Understand all the columns
- Also there is database by name hr in lab, user name hr_ro, password itversity. You can connect to it as well, instead of setting up database locally
- Use best programming practices, than trying to do every thing using scala (for eg, if you write sql try to get as much work as possible done in sql it self)
- Let us get commission earned by each and every employee
- For each and every employee who have commission_pct set compute commission earned in dollars (by multiplying salary with commission_pct)
- Print employee name, salary and commission earned
- If commission_pct is null in database, print “N/E” for commission earned