Getting error while running scala on my eclipse in cloudera

See error in screenshot can anyone please help.

Did you spark-core library dependency to your pom.xml ? Please show us your pom.xml to help you out!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 4.0.0 org.apache.spark spark-parent_2.11 1.6.0 ../pom.xml

spark-examples_2.11
jar
Spark Project Examples
http://spark.apache.org/

examples none package provided provided provided provided org.spark-project.spark unused 1.0.0 provided org.apache.spark spark-core_${scala.binary.version} ${project.version} provided org.apache.spark spark-streaming_${scala.binary.version} ${project.version} provided org.apache.spark spark-mllib_${scala.binary.version} ${project.version} provided org.apache.spark spark-hive_${scala.binary.version} ${project.version} provided org.apache.spark spark-graphx_${scala.binary.version} ${project.version} provided org.apache.spark spark-streaming-flume_${scala.binary.version} ${project.version} provided org.apache.spark spark-streaming-kafka-0-8_${scala.binary.version} ${project.version} provided org.apache.commons commons-math3 provided org.scalacheck scalacheck_${scala.binary.version} test org.scala-lang scala-library provided com.github.scopt scopt_${scala.binary.version} 3.3.0 com.twitter parquet-hadoop-bundle provided target/scala-${scala.binary.version}/classes target/scala-${scala.binary.version}/test-classes org.apache.maven.plugins maven-deploy-plugin true org.apache.maven.plugins maven-install-plugin true org.apache.maven.plugins maven-jar-plugin ${jars.target.dir} kinesis-asl org.apache.spark spark-streaming-kinesis-asl_${scala.binary.version} ${project.version} provided

I am also not able to add maven dependency and for twitter streaming project.

@Gaurav_Gangwar Once the project is successfully build . (mvn clean install)
right click on ur project click on Maven -->Update Project

@Gaurav_Gangwar - few observations

You seem to be following my old videos. Instead of using Eclipse with Maven go for Eclipse + SBT. SBT is the way to go to build Scala based projects. If you are new to his and open for any editor go for IntelliJ with Scala plugin.

You can get latest details as part of these topics - http://www.itversity.com/courses/learn-scala-for-spark/
Getting Started have all the details about setting up IntelliJ.

1 Like