How to upload tables of different formats other than csv,json and xml in hive?

only 3 formats are provided

I do not understand your question. Hive support textfile, sequencefile, avro, parquet, orc out of the box.

Am trying to copy a file from my local system into HDFS but its not working with errors:

hadoop fs -copyFromLocal C:\Users\shyamlesh\Desktop\big data pracs\Ex_Files_BigData_Hive\Exercise Files\data hdfs://nn01.itversity.com:8020/user/shyamlesh/

copyFromLocal: unexpected URISyntaxException
copyFromLocal: `data’: No such file or directory

Also tried!!

hadoop fs -copyFromLocal C:\Users\shyamlesh\Desktop\big data pracs\Ex_Files_BigData_Hive\Exercise Files\data hdfs://nn01.itversity.com:8020/user/shyamlesh/

cp C:\Users\shyamlesh\Desktop\big data pracs\Ex_Files_BigData_Hive\Exercise Files\data hdfs://nn01.itversity.com:8020/user/shyamlesh/

C:\Users\shyamlesh\Desktop\big data pracs\Ex_Files_BigData_Hive\Exercise Files\data /user/shyamlesh/ etc

Please suggest what error am doing :frowning:

Where are you running this command?
If it is on lab, you need to copy your data from your desktop to local system of lab and then use hadoop command to copy data to hdfs.

local path doesn’t mean from your personal laptop.
you should first scp the file to box you are using(eg: /home/user1) and use that path as source to copy to hdfs(eg: /user/user1)
or upload from ambari into hdfs

Yes thats what I wana know…

Where is the local system of the lab?

And how to copy data from my laptop to the lab?

Use winscp to copy data to lab or scp using cygwin.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help