Not able to Launch Cloudera Manager

Hi @itversity @viswanath.raju sir

I am not able to login into Cloudera Manager, getting error while launching Cloudera Manager:

Below is the error from message from /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log:

2017-05-03 20:41:39,564 WARN com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#2:com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AcquireTask@7f34fa3c – Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (5). Last acquisition attempt exception:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:136)
at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:125)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:22)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:30)
at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.(Jdbc4Connection.java:24)
at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:393)
at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:267)

Hi @itversity @viswanath.raju sir @Sohail

Could someone please help me to get rid of above error, m getting error while launching cloudera manager.

Hi @itversity @viswanath.raju sir @Sohail

Could someone please help me to get rid of this error.

Regards,
Shivkant

Can you just check if PostgreSQL is installed and running properly?

Hi @vinodnerella

It was not running, I have restarted it and now I am able to login.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Shivkant

1 Like

Good, All the best with Cloudera…