I am new to hadoop and have been trying to replicate the below steps:
– Create directory cards under home
– Copy largedeck.txt file to the gateway node and place it in cards directory under home directory
– On lab file is placed under /data directory where any one can read
cp /data/cards/* ~/cards
– If you want to copy other files you have to use scp/winscp from your PC to gateway
– Confirm largedeck.txt is available under your home directory
ls -ltr ~/cards
– Copy directory from your local file system to HDFS
hadoop fs -copyFromLocal ~/cards /user/training/cards
– Validate the directory cards and files are available
hadoop fs -ls -R /user/training/cards
but copy from local is throwing permission denied on the “copyFromLocal” command".
Please provide details on this and let me know what I have been doing wrong.