Right HIVE database to work on my examples and POC

Hi guys @itversity I’m working already on labs and get familiar with the environment. When i logged in HIVE i saw too many DBs i suppose to many students. So, I tried to create my own for my POCs but i dont have enough DDL permissions. So, which database should i use to move data from HDFS using Sqoop or play with tables and Pig?

thanks team i really appreciate.
AU.

@Andres_Angel - Please past the command you tried. You will have authorization to create the folders only under your user id.

@gnanaprakasam Thanks for answer in america’s time. I was thinking create my DB in Hive using:

CREATE DATABASE POC;

And then there create my tables and all that i need for my exma HDPCD :slight_smile:

@Andres_Angel

If the database POC and table test already available then you have drop first before creating/use it directly. It will allow to drop if it’s created by you.

create database POC;
use POC;
create table test(i int);

If you still face the problem share the screen print with your user id.

thanks so much i can see it and i have just to tested it , in fact ion POC DB i can see a couple of tables already created so that goes pretty well. thanks so much

Guys . I’m not able to login or reset my login for the labs.

I’m a new user and my email is ramakanth.padala@gmail.com, please help

@ramakanth.padala - I am able to login with your id. Please share the screen print what issue you are facing.

gw01 login: ramakanthpadala
Password:
Last login: Wed Jun 14 21:57:00 on pts/24
CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
Linux gw01.itversity.com 3.14.32-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64 #9 SMP Thu Oct 20 14:53:52 CEST 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
server : 266639
hostname : gw01.itversity.com
eth0 IPv4 : 149.56.24.210
eth0 IPv6 : 2607:5300:61:9d2::/64
[ramakanthpadala@gw01 ~]$

Attached screenshots

@ramakanth.padala

Try labs.itversity.com again so that it will start as fresh session.

Password:
Login incorrect

Password:

Login incorrect

Please let me know if I can reach you over phone

I’m able to login now . Thanks Gnana