System requirement for lab

Hello
I would like to purchase the itversity labs. I have a Dell™ Inspiron 15 Laptop, 15.6" Screen, Intel® Core™ i5, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows® 10 (517890). Is this configuration good enough to practice the labs? Or do I need to buy 16GB laptop? Please let me know.

Thanks

If you want to use itversity lab your system specs is more than enough. If you want to practice on VMware, your system specs is just enough too.

Thanks Pranay. When you said VMWare, is it the one available on Cloudera website directly? If thats the case, I downloaded it but it’s not allowing me to download any datasets or access the cloud enterprise and says the system doesn’t have enough memory. Hence my question here.

Do you have experience with the itversity labs? Does it work well without any issues? Thank you.

8 GB is not good enough for Cloudera, Hortonworks virtual machines.

Yes I am talking about Cloudera VMware available at its website. To use VMware to maximum extent you need to allocate 8GB ram to VMware. If you allocate 4GB, Cloudera express, enterprise won’t work well. But other things work OK.
Speaking about datasets where are you trying to download from? And what’s the issue while downloading.
I do not have experience with ITversity labs.

How about for the labs Sir? And will there be any exam simulators provided? Thank you.